Learning Portuguese

We are so pleased to share with you that our Language of the Month series is returning with a range of events, online content and interviews to inspire you. Let us release the linguist in you as we discover the plethora of Languages on offer at Morley!

Be inspired by the below student stories from our Portuguese courses and begin your journey to learning a new language…

I came to Portuguese Stage 1 Unit 1 because I have been invited to a wedding in Portugal in the Spring, and I would like to be able to at least exchange pleasantries with others. I’m finding it hard but enjoyable. The teacher makes the lesson lively and very interactive, and everyone is fully engaged. I had probably underestimated the challenge of learning a completely new language at 60, but I am determined to keep on trying.

Thank you so much for all your teaching efforts during the last term. I have learnt so much but best of all I’ve really enjoyed it. The lessons have been fun, exciting, interactive, accessible to everyone and interesting.
Ive particularly enjoyed your care for every person and your individual approach to each student’s learning.

You are a gifted teacher Florence and your joy for learning and passing on what you know shines through you. You are blessed to be a blessing.

I have started learning Portuguese and want to continue to the next stage. I have just learned about Portuguese, but learnt how to teach better too!