Admirer to Milliner

 Student Spotlight: Reny Morsch

In 2016 I decided to leave my job in the financial industry behind and do something more creative. 

I was offered a place  in the postgraduate course “Theatre Costume” at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA) where I graduated in 2018 graduated with distinction. In this course I discovered the art of millinery which soon became my favourite subject. 

After my graduation I decided to expand my millinery knowledge and skills by enrolling in Morley College’s millinery courses. There I have studied 30’s and 40’s hats for stage and screen with a focus on blocked felt hats and professional hat making in straw and sinamay as well as buckram and Paris net.   

I developed my passion for hats at the early age of thirteen when I bought my first hat. Ever since I have added pieces to my collection from vintage ones to unusual contemporary hats.

The Millinery courses at Morley gave me the skills and confidence to get creative and make my own headpieces. I now work part-time for Stephen Jones Millinery Ltd.  As a freelancer I also make hats and costumes for film and theatre productions.