We are excited to announce that our newest language addition to our offer at Morley, Hindi, our first language course from the Indian subcontinent.
As the fourth most spoken first language in the world, learning the basics will prove invaluable for those wishing to communicate with Hindi speakers or with an interest in learning a widely spoken language.
Did you know?
– The word Hindi has originated from the Persian word Hind, which means the land of Indus river
– Apart from India, the language is also spoken in many other countries, including Nepal, Guyana, Trinidad and Tobago, Suriname, Fiji and Mauritius. Hindi and Nepalese share the same script — Devnagari
– Many English words have been derived from Hindi, such as chutney, bungalow, guru, jungle, karma, yoga, avatar and more
– Hindi has been influenced and enriched by Turkish, Arabic, Persian, English and Dravidian (ancient South India) languages
– Hindi is one of the seven Indian languages that can be used to make web URLs.
To get you started on the basics, here are our hindi phrases of the week:
|2.||How are you?||aap kaise hain?|
|3.||I am fine.||main theek hoon.|
|4.||See you tomorrow.||kal milenge.|