Test your knowledge in our new Specialist Quiz.
This weeks questions are linked to our amazing science offer here at Morley. We will test your knowledge and unleash the Scientist in you!
Bring your knowledge and see how you score! Then challenge your friends! Answers at the bottom of this page.
1. Noble gases are inert because they have completed outer electron shells. Which of these isn’t a noble gas?
Helium, Chlorine, Argon
(Global warming is one of the greatest challenges of the 21st century. This course aims to provide a gentle introduction to the Science behind climate change)
2. You can’t live without water. What is its chemical formula?
(Learn about the skills of the Chemist by exploring the physical and chemical properties of materials.)
3. Who is credited with the creation of the modern periodic table?
Nobel, Lavoisier, Mendeleev
4. What is the chemical symbol for Sodium?
Na, K, Mg
(Join this course is for anyone who wants to find out more about Chemistry for fun or for future study.)
5. Which subatomic particle carries a positive charge?
Proton, Ion, Electron
6. Which of the following is a greenhouse gas?
CH4, Water Vapour, CO2, All of the above
7. Which of the following is a cause of rising sea levels?
Increased levels of rain, Decreased levels of rain, Increased melting of the ice sheets
8. Which of the following diseases is not caused by a virus?
Whooping Cough, Influenza, Chickenpox
(This course is for anyone with an interest in the field of Microbiology. Explore the microscopic world of bacteria, fungi, and viruses.)
9. Which greenhouse gas is released from landfill sites?
Carbon Monoxide, Methane, Water Vapour
10. Who discovered gravity?
Albert Einstein, Charles Darwin, Sir Isaac Newton
- All of the above
- Increased melting of the ice sheets
- Whooping Cough
- Sir Isaac Newton