We’re bringing you even more amazing makers in another Support Sunday! Supporting and promoting independent and small businesses is so important to us, and in this series we will be giving you a deeper insight into their their practice and their amazing work!

Meet our first artist, @clementinestationery. Creating beautiful stationary to inspire:

What is your process for creating your work, tell us a bit more about how you go from idea to final piece
Clementine stationery started during lockdown after my A-levels were cancelled I needed something to keep me occupied. I have always been a stationery lover and found it was the perfect time to design my own range. We sell weekly planners, tote bags, notebooks and loads of other stationery. My ideas always start with me scribbling down every idea that comes into my head by jotting it down in my notebook. I then evaluate the idea and start sketching out a few brief designs which are then converted into illustration ideas. These illustrations are then tweaked into the final design and samples are produced. Once the samples are produced we can then produce the product and showcase it all for you. But before that comes a lot of time researching the market, taking photos and listing the product. 

What’s your set up at home, are you able to remain creative?
Currently I have a little desk in the hallway with all my products on a pretty pastel blue trolley. My stock has overtaken the dining room so sorry about that Mum. However in September Clementine Stationery will have a new HQ as I will be operating from my university halls in Sheffield. 

What are you tips for remaining creative and promoting your business during lockdown?
Remaining creative is important for all businesses and I would suggest writing down all your inspiration from when you’re on holiday to your dreams at night collectively you may come up with an amazing new design. Staying productive during lockdown started with looking after myself first, having achievable daily tasks. My business only started in lockdown so far. I have tried to emphasise posting on Instagram building that platform and recently I have taken to Pinterest so I am looking forward to seeing how much traffic that brings in. 

What are you plans for the future and have you got anything exciting coming up for us to look out for?
Stay tuned as I am looking forward to bringing out my Christmas range very soon. 

Discover more from this artist on their Instagram or shop on their Etsy store

Next up, @ivy_evie_and_me. Lover of colours and patterns, creating unique and bold jewellery:

All my designs start as sketches which I then turn into digital files that can be laser cut. Once I have the cut pieces back I finish them off by hand. This can include gluing, sanding, attaching hooks and other jewellery findings.

I am lucky enough to have a shed where I can work at any time or whenever I am not looking after my twin girls. 

I had only just started my business as we went into lockdown, but did have a few craft fairs lined up so that was disappointing. However there have been quite a few virtual events, like the Morley College ones that I have joined in with. This has been such a great help in promoting my jewellery. 

Future plans are to continue to build my brand. I have noticed a few popular designs so I will aim to make more stock for Christmas. I also have some new products I would love to make, so hopefully I can next year.

Finally, @kathdarejewellery. Handmade and bespoke Jewellery designer:

The process for creating my work starts with finding my inspiration then drawing it over and over again from many angles. I then usually fabricate it in silver or recently I have been occasionally using wax to carve pieces before casting them.

I have been able to remain creative in recent times as I am fortunate to have a studio at home it was and still is my salvation.

During lockdown I was unable to order any precious metal from my usual suppliers so I had to use what I had, in addition to that I recycled a lot of my silver which was great for pushing my work. I used Instagram and Facebook to promote my business.

For the future I will continue to update my website and promote on social media while I wait for live events to return.
I am working on lockets and containers at the moment which I am finding very exciting.

Discover more from this artist on their Instagram

Come back next week as we share even more artists and their practices