Morley Performing Arts HND Student Success

Heba Salah Edlin graduated from BTEC HNC Performing Arts (Acting) in July 2020 and has since been awarded a place at Brunel University where she will commence a BA in Film Production and Theatre later this month. She also gone on to direct, produce and act in her own films. These films are a testament to how our HND students thrive at Morley and we are very proud of Heba’s success.

Find out more about our Performing Arts HND here and all our other short drama courses here.

Director Statement
In the Lockdown, After I finished my short course in Filmmaking at Morley college, I made my first short film “Nightmare” Written, directed, acted and edited by me that shows one side effect of the lockdown. It has been selected for Four festivals and semi-finalist for one. Then I made part two to expand on how some of us suffering mentally in these unprecedented time.

“Nightmares can reflect underlying mental dysfunctions, buried in the unconscious and may become consciously accessible in your dreams.” (William R. Klemm)

Director Biography – Heba Salah Edlin
I started as an actor 6 years ago at Cairo University theatre in Egypt.
I had experience in acting screen such as short movies and TV.
Also, I was jumping between workshops, rehearsals, talent shows, and stage. I travelled to gain more skills and experience then I started to study Performing arts (acting) at Morley College. Then I found myself in filmmaking so I took a short course for filmmaking for beginners , alongside watching YouTube tutorials and buying film equipment with a very limited budget to start my journey in this field. Now, I’m studying Film Production and Theatre at Brunel University.