We’re bringing you even more amazing makers in another Support Sunday! Supporting and promoting independent and small businesses is so important to us, and in this series we will be giving you a deeper insight into their their practice and their amazing work!

Meet our first artist, @hayamelsayedart. Fascinated by human emotions, sensuality and space:

what is your process for creating your work, tell us a bit more about how you go from idea to final piece
in my opinion art cannot happen without inspiration. Just because I have been inspired, it does not mean it can turn into a master piece right away. The next step is to search for that idea which would express my intention and then preparation: This stage may involve learning to work with a new medium or picking up a new skill or technique.

What’s your set up at home, are you able to remain creative?
can spend more time at home reorganizing my studio and storage space, paint more, keep in contact with my art friends and fans, re-organize, think and read more.” the studio is where I feel the most comfortable and I like to show off what I’ve done . for me sitting at home doesn’t stop my creativity  as I follow some steps as let  go of the idea  of (perfect )  allow myself to have fun I try to silence my inner critic. 

What are you tips for remaining creative and promoting your business during lockdown?
I trying to increase my social media presence and I started online network 
I believe that business networking is a great way to learn and grow, as well as market my art career. And advertising my business as much as I can. 

What are you plans for the future and have you got anything exciting coming up for us to look out for?
I see myself having had many successful solo shows, selling art ,My tutor at art college used to say that I’d make a lot of money when I decided what I wanted to paint…my future vision is a me that still explores, still is imaginative but has reached a point where the  freedom of my creativity have reached a pleasant and successful cohabiting place!

I have an important solo show opening at Dacia gallery, New York at the end of February. I’m looking forward to installing the show and meeting up with friends, and I have   collaboration with Different gallery   in London and nominee Award. 

Discover more from this artist on their Instagram or on their Website

Next up, @hibou_creations. Handmade Accessories & Clothing
Fill ur life with colours🌈
Hyper, Inspired, Beautiful, Original, Unique❤️:

What is your process for creating your work, tell us a bit more about how you go from idea to final piece
I work mainly with African print fabric. Choosing the fabric and the threads is one of the most crucial steps of my work, as it’s very visual. I put an emphasis on the colour combinations. Whether I’m using a pattern or not, before making a piece for the first time, I try to make it with calico (or any other fabric I have in excess), and make notes of adjustments and changes required to get the final piece I have in mind. I spend time on each item, during which I develop a sort of attachment to the piece. After a quality check, I feel very happy when they are off to their new home.

I have never had a studio, but this doesn’t stop me. As long as I have a table to put the sewing machine on and a bit of floor space for cutting, I make do. Music, singing, and browsing the internet usually get me going. My brain works faster than I can follow, so I always have many ideas on what to work on. So when I’m at the peak of my creativity, I get the materials ready for several projects. When I feel less creative I just crack on with what’s ready.

Cracking on. The more you make the more the ideas flow.

In these challenging times, most people are online, so be online too. Social media, specifically Instagram, is a great platform to promote your business. Participating in online markets, following the hashtags most used by your consumers, commenting, and engaging. These are great ways to get visibility.

I have just released new designs for my T-Shirt collection, which now include the Superman T-shirt. These are available to purchase in a shop in South London. I am currently working on making them available on the website, along with the traditional patch pocket T-Shirt.

Finally, @kimbalbumstead. Through painting, I am the cartographer of a journey through an internal, perhaps imagined, landscape:

My process of painting is a bit like having a conversation with the materials, and as with any dialogue, there are multiple inputs and potential disagreements. I am only partially in control of the end result; a painting is finished when I feel that there has been a significantly resolved dialogue between me and the materials. I work with a mixture of oil paint and varnish, building the painting up in many layers of translucent colour.

Normally I would paint from my studio, but during lockdown I’ve been at home the whole time. I live above a community centre and I was lucky that our landlord allowed us to use one of the office spaces while there were no meetings going on. It meant I could continue painting, but on a much smaller scale. I have been working on small paintings on paper. It’s actually been a really creative period!

I’ve been posting once a day on Instagram, and keeping it varied as much as possible, posting a variety of new works, old works, small works, big works, as well as some photos of my temporary lockdown studio in the office. The internet does not beat face to face though; I am looking forward to being able to do gallery shows again!

I am currently showing some work at Aeon Gallery in Hampstead and will be part of a 2 person exhibition there in November this year. I will have a solo show at Basement Arts Project in Leeds next spring, and in the meantime my studio has now reopened and I will be producing some new larger pieces. I’m really looking forward to working on a larger scale again!

Come back next week as we share even more artists and their practices