Test your knowledge in our new Specialist Quiz.
This weeks questions are linked to the plethora of short courses here at Morley. From bookbinding to radio production, we will test your knowledge and inspire you!
Bring your knowledge and see how you score! Then challenge your friends! Answers at the bottom of this page.
1. When was the Inaugaral London fashion week?
1964, 1974, 1984
(Join this course and have the opportunity to combine sewing with pattern cutting to complete a garment all to your own size.)
2. Symphony Number 9 in E minor is popularly known as the ‘New World Symphony’. Who composed it?
Ludwig van Beethoven
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
(Explore the development of Western Music from the Baroque to the Classical period and get familiar with some of the greatest musical works composed by Handel, Bach, Vivaldi, Mozart and others.)
3. Which of these movies starring Tom Hanks won the most Oscars?
Forrest Gump, Saving Private Ryan, Philadelphia, Splash
(This Autumn, learn the specific techniques needed to act for camera with experienced actor and teacher Julia Lewis)
4. What artist sold a balloon dog for $58.4 million?
Jeff Koons, Jasper Johns, Christopher Wool, Gerhart Richter
(Join this friendly online class and take a long look at paintings in the National Gallery singled out by art historian Carlo Corsato. Understand the stories they tell, how and why they were made and how they may have changed over time.)
5. What are the two main rocks found below the surface of London?
Flint and Sandstone
Mudstone and Limestone
Chalk and Clay
Sandstone and Granite
(The geology of the London Basin has a story to tell. Want to learn more? Enrol on our new course: The historical geology of London)
6. What is the average length for songs played on the radio?
1-2, 2-3, 3-4 or 4-5 minutes
(Gain the core skills of programme making including: interviewing, writing, editing using Adobe Audition, and presenting for radio with our Radio production L1)
7. Which country has got more Flamenco academies than Spain?
France, Morocco, Japan, Germany
(From stamping feet to clapping hands, join our beginners course and begin to explore the moods and styles of fiery Flamenco dance.)
8. This is the process of furnishing a written output and correct their grammatical lapses and loopholes:
Editing, Revising, Postering
(Our starting creative writing course is a qualification for new creative writers or those looking for a way to focus their writing activity and get new ideas.)
9. A book is usually divided into one or more groups of folded paper. These groups are called:
Groupings, Sections, Signatures, Pamphlets
(On this course, you will refashion and rebind a book in a creative way.)
10. What percentage of the global greenhouse gas emissions does the transportation sector emit?
1%, 14%, 33%, 70%
(Global warming is one of the greatest challenges of the 21st century. This course aims to provide a gentle introduction to the Science behind climate change, the evidence for global warming and the risks it poses for the future of our planet.)
- Antonín Dvořák
- Forrest Gump
- Jeff Koons
- Chalk and Clay
- 3-4 minutes