Test your knowledge in our weekly art quiz, this weeks questions are linked to our fantastic range of 16-18 courses here at Morley!
Bring your knowledge and see how you score! Then challenge your friends and see who could be the next Picasso! Answers at the bottom of this page.
1. How many studio assistants does the artist Damien Hirst have?
0-40, 40-80, 80-120, 120+
(Our level 1 full-time pathway in Art, Design and Media course is ideal for anyone with little or no knowledge of these subjects who wishes to learn vocational skills in these exciting subject areas.)
2. Tilting the camera sideways so that vertical lines run diagonally is known as a:
Dutch Tilt, Tilt Shot, Slant Shot, Operator Error
(Begin your career in Web Design, Photography, Research Techniques, Audio, Video Production or Graphics on our L2 Diploma in Creative Media Production)
3. What do you call the diamond shape pattern often seen on socks?
Brocade, Argyle, Chevron, Geometric
(This Autumn, explore, discover, unveil and learn more about the exciting fashion industry on our one year L4 Foundation in Fashion)
4. In what year did graphic artist Milton Glaser create the iconic “I Love New York” logo?
1982, 1994, 1970, 1976
(Feeling inspired to give it a try? Our L2 in Graphic Design will help you develop ideas and practical skills to design your own range of pieces)
5. American designer Kelly Wearstler is best known for which signature style?
Urban Modern, Minimalism, Maximalism, Scandinavian
(Want to learn more? Enrol on our new course: UAL L3 Diploma in Interior Design)
6. What kinds of materials can be used in a 3D printer:
Metals, plastics, powders, and other substances
(Gain the knowledge, breadth, intensive preparation and quality of work necessary to compete for a place on a wide variety of specialised BA/FdA university courses in Art & Design with our L4 Foundation)
7. Who designed the apparel for the United Kingdom’s 2012 Olympic teams?
Victoria Beckham, Vivienne Westwood, Stella McCartney, Alexander McQueen
(Our L3 in Fashion and Textiles is one of the most creative and inspirational courses of its kind, we aim to develop students’ ability as creative practitioners through exploration of the design process, underpinned by good technical skills.)
8. To achieve sharp results with a fast-moving object you need to adjust your:
FPS Setting, Focus Ring, Shutter Speed, Iris
(Our Level 3 Extended Diploma in Photography is a qualification for those looking to pursue a career in photography, and has been designed to provide students with an exciting and challenging experience)
9. Who painted ‘View of Toledo’?
El Greco, Simon Rodia, Velasquez, Dali
(On this course, you will build upon and develop your interests, skills and knowledge of fine art, design, research and context)
10. Which designer is famous for the wrap dress silhouette?
Diane Von Furstenberg, Franc Fernandez, Jane Birkin, Edward Enninful
(You too can create a masterpiece from concept to final product on out L2 Diploma in Fashion & Textiles)
- Dutch Tilt
- Metals, plastics, powders, and other substances
- Stella McCartney
- Shutter Speed
- El Greco
- Diane Von Furstenberg