Q&A with Libraries

Q&A with Libraries

Each week we’re catching up with different departments across the College to answer your burning questions that you may have. This week our Senior Library Assistant, Estefan, will be answering some of your questions regarding book loans, Moodle access and more.

Q: I have managed to log on to Microsoft Teams, but I’m not sure how to use it?

So many classes are using Microsoft Teams for live lessons to share documents, but I know that not everyone has used this platform before.

We have resources online that can help you use Microsoft Teams. Log onto Moodle, and click ‘Help’ – you just need your student ID to hand.

Q: How do I login to Moodle remotely?

Your username for this should be on your Student ID card or at the back of the ID. If it is not, please email the library team and they will provide you with it. Your password is your date of birth. (The first letter of your birthday month is a capital letter!)

Q: Are there any online resources that students can access?

We have a range of online learning resources, just log in and have a browse via Moodle, and go to Library > E-resources. There’s a wide range of e-books available for both study and genera interest. 

Q: I forgot to renew my book before the college close, what I should I do?

All books on loan have been renewed until 4th May and will be extended as necessary while our buildings are closed. Please return or renew books when libraries open.

Q: How can I contact the library team during this time?

You can ask us about books, learning resources and our other services during the closure at any time by email, drop us a line on kcc.librarysupport@morleycollege.ac.uk (North Kensington and Chelsea libraries) and (Waterloo Library)

Thank you to everyone who has asked us a question for this Q&A. If you have any general questions for the library team during the COVID-19 restrictions, then please email kcc.librarysupport@morleycollege.ac.uk (North Kensington and Chelsea libraries) and library@morleycollege.ac.uk (Waterloo Library)